• Award winning Airespring is one of the fastest growing telecommunications carriers in the USA, with over 6 billion call records processed every year
• AireSpring is a privately held, diversified, debt free and full service communications company which offers a broad range of innovative services at competitive prices
• An established leadership team with a vibrant and entrepreneurial corporate culture
What This Company Offers You:
• Highly motivated and dedicated team
• 401K with employer match
• Generous Paid Time-Off Plan
• Medical Benefits
• Paid Parking
• In-House Espresso / Latte Machines
• 54,000 SQ FT LA Fitness across the street
The Role You Will Play:
This position in AireSpring is within our Network Engineering department and will be focused on network design, the qualification of new IP network architecture based on business requirements, the review of the current network in order to propose and complete modifications, the definition and implementation of modern routing and switching configurations, network security, and network performance improvement. The candidate is expected to lead architecture design and validations as well as test new network equipment. The candidate will be exposed to multiple IP network platforms, with the core consisting primarily of Cisco routers and switches. The ideal candidate will be versed in service provider network implementations such as BGP, OSPF, HRSP, MEDs, MPLS, Voice Prioritization, and carrier grade redundancy design. You will work with a small team of network engineers, in a fast-paced and challenging environment. CANDIDATE MUST HAVE SERVICE PROVIDER EXPERIENCE.
- Develop standard templates for use in the network engineering design packages.
- Develop and recommend workflow improvements to streamline the delivery of solutions.
- Influence the adoption of automation and solutions that support self-service delivery by our customers.
- Drive the adoption of next generation technologies through lifecycle programs.
- Coordinate with Network Engineering/ Planning on the Data Center architecture changes required to improve delivery of services and new/emerging business requirements.
- Guide and Mentor Lead and Senior level Data Center engineers in the Design, and Implement Data Center Local Area Networks, including development of configurations.
- Design, and Implementation MPLS VPNv4 ( MP-BGP) , including development of VRF & RD/RT Import/Export configurations.
- Partner with Voice Engineering in the, Design, and Implementation Voice over IP (VoIP) Networks.
- Design, and Implementation Load Balancing and Application Acceleration Services.
- Implement routing protocols, including OSPF, and BGP.
- Implement and configure HSRP , IPSEC/GRE, FW/DMZ( Internal/external)
- Implement network features, including QoS.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues.
- Configure and assist with implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, VoIP equipment, security appliances, etc.
- Assess and recommend areas of risk or improvement in the quality of critical Data Center Network documentation is maintained to standards defined as it relates to network topology, equipment, and configuration.
- Consult and negotiate with application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement network solutions.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Make use of standard operating procedures and applications for service, change, and incident management.
- Plan and develop business continuity and disaster recovery strategy for critical application recovery.
- Prepare and present recommendations on department related technical directions, workflow improvements, metric development, project risks and financial.
- Provide feedback to leadership on the performance of lower level staff within the Data Center Network Engineering department opportunities/impacts.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, telecommunications, or related discipline or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Strong systems level understanding for technologies across IT
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Embedded Packet Capture ( Ethanalyzer, NetDR, Mini Protocol Analyzer, Wireshark)
- Troubleshooting tolls : Port Mirroring ( SPAN/RSPAN/ERSPAN) , Network Management ( Cisco Prime, Syslog, SNMP, Netflow), CLI Base commands (show, debug, ping, traceroute), Scripting ( EEM, Tcl, Pythone, OnePK) ,
- Strong technical project management and engineering skills are mandatory
- Strong network documentation skills and can publish written standards for use by network peers
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster recovery strategies for testing and verification of technical network solutions established for recovery operations.
- Industry related certifications. Cisco CCNP and/or CCDP. Cisco CCIE certification not required but a definite plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco 7600 , 6500 , 7200 . 4948 and CISCO ASA/ACS ,
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDN or SDx).
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS VPNv4 and IPv4/IPv6 environments
- In-depth hands on experience with Cisco Catalyst ASR1000, 7600, 7200 , 6500 (Sup 720) and 4948 S/E series equipment
- Knowledge of IP traffic flow, protocol analysis, capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.